Sunday, July 19, 2015

Everlasting Love

Everlasting Love
In days gone by I cherished you,
Reveled in our union,
Lavished in the sweet melody of our love.
Rare was the color of our passion,
It’s radiance piercing to our souls.
You whose very presence nourished my soul,
Our love stood un-capsized through the  turbulent waves of time.
Neither time nor distance could separate us.
Where are you this fine morn, that I may ravish again in your warm embrace.
Alas, the sting of our mortality has swept you to a place of no return
Now here I am with thoughts of our love, growing dimmer as my end draws near.
Alas, the unquenchable light approaches to take me to a distant shore,
Where I might never see your face again.
Yet when all seemed but a mere memory, there you were
Awaiting at the helm of my journey, beautiful and radiant as the first day I laid eyes on you. #Poetry #Inspiration
Genevieve Sarpong©7/19/15 




No comments:

Post a Comment